Welcome to simple and effective life hacks — soda edition! Because who doesn’t have a can or two laying around the house?
In this awesome video, you’ll learn how to:
- Remove gum. Pour a healthy dose of pop all over the caked on gum. Let it sit and simmer for a few minutes so it can work it’s magic. Now simple pry off the gunk and scrap off any remaining particulate.
- Freshen up your flowers. Pull the flowers and dump the water. Now mix 1 part water with 1 part soda… the clearer the better. Pour it in the vase and your flowers will stay fresh and alive even longer.
- Remove car gunk. Pour a liberal dose on to the offending area and scrub away all your frustration in one fell swoop. Just let it sit for a minute or two and then rub it all away with a paper towel. Be sure to pour some water over it after so it isn’t sticky!
- Trap wasps. Grab an empty plastic bottle of soda, and cut off the upper portion with a fine blade. Be extremely careful here and don’t cut yourself! once done, fill the base with a little soda and flip the top portion over. Just place the contraption away from where you will be sitting and the soda will attract the critters and once they go into the hole there is no coming back. Problem solved!
- Make Soda Ice. Take your flat soda and fill up your ice cube tray. Toss it in the freezer for a few hours and next time you go for a delicious beverage, drop in the soda ice. This will stop your drink from getting watered down but still keep things nice and cool with all the flavor.
- Create a can lantern. Simply cut several slits in the side of a can. Again be very careful here! Once you are done, lowly pop out the side and press down on the can. Place a candle inside and light it up. You just MacGyver’ed yourself a lantern.
- Clean your toilet. Grab a can of soda and pour it all around the bowl. Cover everything that looks suspect and close the lid. Now wait 1 hour, light a candle and maybe even whisper a prayer to your deity… the soda’s citric acid is gonna go to work for you.
Here is the video.
Let us know if you use any of these hacks, and SHARE this with your friends and family. They need to know it too.